Harvard University’s New Travel & Expense Reimbursement System
Harvard University is implementing a new system for processing employee expense reimbursements. Through 2017, University departments and schools will be migrating from Web Reimbursement to a best in class electronic Travel & Expense (T&E) system, Concur.
The current system, Web Reimbursement, is a custom application built in Oracle that is manually intensive, inefficient and built on technology that will be obsolete in 2-3 years. The implementation of Concur T&E will provide our employees with a significantly improved end-user experience.
Concur offers functionality that will allow Harvard University to –
- Create a faster and more efficient online travel and expense process for employees
- Eliminate the need to collect, manage, and store paper receipts
- Provide greater visibility into the status of expense report approvals and payments
- Drive travel and expense policy compliance
- Gain better visibility to travel and expense spending
- Leverage our buying power with our vendors
Concur offers many system features, including-
- Mobility: Users can take pictures of receipts, create and submit expense reports, and review and approve reports from a mobile device. For more information, click here.
- Credit Card Integration: Citibank corporate credit card charges are imported directly into your expense report. Foreign transactions are converted in USD as part of the interface.
- Financial Connectors: Concur is integrated with Oracle financial systems offering a complete picture of budget and spend.
- Reporting: A single, accurate view of expense data providing detailed reporting, dashboards and analytics, making it easy to take action and control spend.